Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Hockey puck potatoes are delicious roasted potatoes that resemble hockey pucks in appearance, hence the name. Our family loves them! Well I had been giving my FIL credit for these, however I just found out that my DH (George) was the originator, so now I'm giving him credit. My contribution to the recipe was add the rosemary and basil. Please enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry.
- Use roasting pan and melt 1/4 cup of butter or margarine in oven.
- When melted remove from oven.
- Cut potatoes in half or thirds depending on size of potato.
- Spread melted butter around on pan and sprinkle salt all over pan.
- Place potatoes with the flat side down on to pan.
- Melt remaining butter. (I use the microwave).
- Drizzle remaining butter or margarine over potato halves.
- Sprinkle rosemary & basil over potatoes.
- Place in oven for 1.5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Use a metal spatula to remove the potatoes from the pan!
Boy do you have a winner of a side dish recipe here! We loved the flavors and the texture of the finished potatoes. I used baby white potatoes and my clay baker in the oven. These are perfect and with the small potatoes (still cut in half) they were finished in just under an hour. I think next time I'll reduce the butter just a bit but that is because of the clay baker. Wonderful side that I served with Chicken With Apricot-Ginger Sauce tonight. Thanks for sharing. Made for Potluck Tag.
Paula Deen eat your heart out!!! WOW!!! pretty much sums up these buttery delicious potatoes. Going to break a tradition this year and serve a double batch of these potatoes for Easter dinner instead of mashed potatoes and gravy. Thanks for posting this recipe Debby...it's a definite keeper. You and George make a smashing team ;) Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2010
I'd rather give advice about love, but today I'm advertising myself as an expert on potatoes. Couldn't get any easier, tastier or prettier. Any other advice needed, the doctor is in. Made for Potluck Tag.