Recipe by Creation in Hope
I am happy to say that I have finally made Hobo Stew with some taste!! I did not have to add soup for flavor!! This recipe is for a 6 Qt Crock Pot. Enjoy! (I'm not much on green beans so I drain them!!)
- 1 -2 lb roast, cut into bite size cubes
- 1 -2 lb hamburger
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans (drained)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, cut in half length wise then sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 4 carrots, sliced bite size
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup instant minced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all of your vegtables, beans, tomato sauce, broth and your worcestershire sauce.
- Stir everything.
- Add all of your seasoning stir.
- Place your meat on top put your lid on and cook it on high for 5 hours, or low for 9 hours (these are guesses! Cook till done is what I do).