A great grill recipe that combines summer sausage, veggies and chicken into a foil packet cooked over the grill. Another find in the Simple and Delicious magazine submitted by T. Carrier
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb summer sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed 1/2-inch
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into eight cubes
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1In a large bowl, combine the sausage, potatoes, cabbage, onion, green and red peppers, zucchini and yellow squash.
- 2Gently stir in the chicken and tomatoes (do not add the butter or dressing).
- 3Divide the mixture into eight double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 12 inches square). Top each pack with a butter cube.
- 4Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- 5Grill covered over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is done and veggies are tender.
- 6Be careful opening the packets as steam will escape first. After opening drizzle each serving with Italian dressing.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hobo Packets of Summer Sausage and Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.3
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 233.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: