Top Review by Sarah Rachele
My husband wasn't a big fan (I also found out he doesn't really like meat loaf either) but I thought it was pretty good. The spice was a bit much for me so I added some sour cream which went great!
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, divided
- 1⁄4 cup finely crushed tortilla chips or 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄3 lbs potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch cubes (4 medium)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450ºF or grill to medium-high.
- Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Center one-fourth of onion on each sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Combine 1/4 cup salsa, tortilla chips, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and 1/4 teaspoon cumin; add ground beef.
- Shape mixture into four meat loaves, flattening slightly; place one loaf on top of each onion.
- Spoon remaining salsa over meat loaves.
- Combine potatoes with chiles, remaining chili powder, garlic salt and cumin; place beside meat loaves.
- Bring up foil sides.
- Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- Repeat to make four packets.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven or grill 18 to 22 minutes in covered grill.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving, if desired.