Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This version of hobo dinner is one my mom and dad made when we were growing up. It uses smoked dinner sausage slices (Hillshire Farms, etc.) instead of ground beef or other meats. Everyone loves it. It only takes one dish to make this in, and it's an entire meal by itelf in my house. Amounts can be easily increased if more servings are needed. Keeps well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, and is delicious reheated. Not sure if it can be frozen for later....
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil, if desired (makes for easier cleanup).
- Layer the potatoes and carrots together in the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the sausage slices on top of the vegetables.
- Layer onion slices on top of the meat slices.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup and cream of celery soup together, or pour together over casserole.
- Add water or milk to the soup for thinner gravy, if desired.
- Pour over other ingredients.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees until vegetables are tender, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
I made this for my family and they LOVED it. Quick an easy and tastes great...LOVE IT!!!