1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef Lulu13's Note:
This version of hobo dinner is one my mom and dad made when we were growing up. It uses smoked dinner sausage slices (Hillshire Farms, etc.) instead of ground beef or other meats. Everyone loves it. It only takes one dish to make this in, and it's an entire meal by itelf in my house. Amounts can be easily increased if more servings are needed. Keeps well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, and is delicious reheated. Not sure if it can be frozen for later....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- 2Line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil, if desired (makes for easier cleanup).
- 3Layer the potatoes and carrots together in the bottom of the pan.
- 4Layer the sausage slices on top of the vegetables.
- 5Layer onion slices on top of the meat slices.
- 6Mix cream of mushroom soup and cream of celery soup together, or pour together over casserole.
- 7Add water or milk to the soup for thinner gravy, if desired.
- 8Pour over other ingredients.
- 9Cover with aluminum foil.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees until vegetables are tender, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hobo Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.9
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 2291.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 30.7 g