I think it's called that because it is so cheap to make. Very simple, very hearty, and my husband willingly eats all the leftovers! YAY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees, or whatever temp it says on the directions for the tater tots.
- 2Line a 13x9 casserole dish with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick spray. This makes for super easy clean up.
- 3Brown sausage untill cooked through and strain out the grease.
- 4Then mix the can of cream soup with the sauage, be sure that you mix it well so you don't have dry spots.
- 5Line the bottom of your dish with a single layer of tater tots. Not all of them will fit and thats okay, you will put the rest on top.
- 6Cover the tots with can of corn, covering evenly.
- 7Now add the sausage/soup mix in an even layer of the corn.
- 8Top with leftover taters, and spinkle on the cheese, garlic salt, and paprika.
- 9Bake this for 30 minutes and it will be hot and bubbly. The taters should be golden brown and crisp.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hobo Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.8
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 679.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream of chicken and mushroom soup