Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I think it's called that because it is so cheap to make. Very simple, very hearty, and my husband willingly eats all the leftovers! YAY!
- 1 lb ground mild sausage (can use and ground meat)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup (comes mixed)
- 16 ounces size bag tater tots
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup shredded cheese (any kind will do)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, or whatever temp it says on the directions for the tater tots.
- Line a 13x9 casserole dish with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick spray. This makes for super easy clean up.
- Brown sausage untill cooked through and strain out the grease.
- Then mix the can of cream soup with the sauage, be sure that you mix it well so you don't have dry spots.
- Line the bottom of your dish with a single layer of tater tots. Not all of them will fit and thats okay, you will put the rest on top.
- Cover the tots with can of corn, covering evenly.
- Now add the sausage/soup mix in an even layer of the corn.
- Top with leftover taters, and spinkle on the cheese, garlic salt, and paprika.
- Bake this for 30 minutes and it will be hot and bubbly. The taters should be golden brown and crisp.