Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water, cold
- 2 tablespoons creamed shortening
- 1 lb raisins, seeded
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix sugar, water, shortening, and raisins and boil for 5 minutes.
- Cool mixture You can put into refrigerator until cooled.
- Dissolve the baking into a small mixture that was prepared above. Then add to the cooled mixture. Next, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Put into a well greased tube pan and bake for 1 hour at 350°.
- NOTE: You can add nuts and dried fruits for a variety taste. Great when sliced warm and drizzled with honey or maple syrup.