I think this is an old Boy Scout Recipe (they probably didn't use the beer, though). We look forward to camping just so we can make this (although there is no reason not to make it in the oven, we just like the "specialness" of it). I don't have kids, but if I were a kid, this would be a lot of fun to make, and easy! Prep time is just chopping and putting together your Creation!
My Private Note
per per ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off a very large square of aluminum foil--at least 18 inches long.
- 2Each person gets their own individual HoboBurger, customized!
- 3Take a Handful of Chopmeat, place in center of foil (amount can vary--I use a little, my husband uses about 1/3 lb.) Put 1/2 Handful of each different vege on top of meat, mush them up with meat (Or make a"Meat Moat" and put the veges on the inside of well) Add spices to taste.
- 4Douse with hot sauce--a lot cooks off if you use Red Hot.
- 5Add a splash of beer for additional moisture, flavor.
- 6Rip up 2 pieces of american cheese, and mix them in last.
- 7Make a"foil duck" out of foil by folding over to seal, crimping the ends into handles, and shape like a duck neck--makes it easier to take off the fire if you are camping.
- 8It's also a good idea to double bag if cooking on camp fire.
- 9Cook over fire/in oven for at least 20 minutes, depending on how much meat you have, how hot fire is, etc.
- 10It's done when the juices are boiling inside.
- 11Gets VERY juicy inside, so don't burn your self, and don't poke holes in foil.
- 12This is so great bc.
- 13you can use whatever veges you want-carrots, onions, corn, red/green peppers, broccoli, peas, beans, etc.
- 14Use fresh or frozen.
- 15Easy clean up--just throw out foil.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hobo Burgers - Great for Camping, Kids
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: