Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from Paula Deen's show. It is so easy and good. Great for cookouts and camping. I spray the foil first so it doesn't stick and if I cook on the grill I will wrap a piece of cabbage on outside of each foil to keep from burning.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 4 medium red potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into strips
- 4 slices bacon
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder, to taste
- hamburger bun
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, egg, lemon juice, cheese, green pepper, salt, pepper, and garlic. MIx well and shape into 4 patties.
- Place each patty onto 2 layers of aluminum foil, on each patty, place potato slices, onion slice and carrots. Slice bacon in 1/2 and place both slices on top. Seal foil tightly around burger and cook on campfire or in preheated 350 degree oven for about 45 minute.
These were very good, but I added a few of my own touches. (I've never followed a recipe "to-the-letter" yet) Used celery instead of green peppers (YUK)...also used a special seasoning of my own in the ground beef. I put them in the oven for an hour...didn't think 45 minutes was quite long enough. Also, next time I'll spray the foil. THANKS for the recipe!
What a great idea for a effortless meal on the grill! We've been making a similar recipe once a year for our annual canoe-camp-out up north. Everyone loved these! I left the onions out so my onion-hating son wouldn't "wretch" ... otherwise, don't change a thing! *Made for PAC Spring 09*
This was really good. The only thing I would do different next time would be to spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.