Recipe by bagardner
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. The whole family loves this recipe! It's so easy even the kids can make it & have fun doing it. I learned this recipe as a youngster in Camp Fire Girls. It is an easy, make-ahead meal that is healthy and delicious. My recipe makes plenty for 4-5 servings, depending on how hearty the appetites.
GROUND BEEF MIXTURE
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal, UNCOOKED
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, SLICED into 4-5 slices
- 2 potatoes, UNCOOKED and cut into 8-10 pieces
- 2 zucchini, UNCOOKED and sliced into 12-15 SLICES
- 12 -15 baby carrots, UNCOOKED
- 2 -3 corn on the cob, UNCOOKED, break each cob into two pieces
- 16 -20 cherry tomatoes, uncooked NOT PEELED
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT OVEN: CONVENTIONAL: 350 degrees F /CONVECTION: 325 degrees F.
- FOR GROUND BEEF MIXTURE, MIX first 9 ingredients BY HAND in a large bowl until well blended. Divide this mixture into 4 or 5 equal portions and shape into LARGE meatballs.
- Wash, clean and cut all vegetables as described above.
- On 4-5 large (12" x 12") squares of Reynolds Wrap Aluminum place the slice of red bell pepper.
- Next, place your MEATBALL in the center of ONE slice of bell pepper.
- Place 4 pieces of potato, 3 baby carrots, 3 slices zucchini, 1/2 cob of corn around the meatballs, topping each serving off with 4 cherry tomatoes.
- Wrap each portion, bringing up the four corners of each square of Reynolds Wrap and twisting them together to form a "bundle".
- Place all the bundles on an oven-proof pan with a minimum depth of 1" on all sides thus preventing the juices from dripping into the bottom of your oven.
- BAKE BUNDLES 45-60 MINUTES or until Potatoes and carrots are fork tender or internal meat temperature reads 155.