Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just saw this on Food Network, Drive-ins, Diners and Dives. I am sure many other ingredients would be great as well, such as bell peppers, Gouda cheese, etc...just use your imagination!
- 12 ounces country style bulk sausage
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups fresh hash browns
- 6 eggs, beaten with a fork with a splash of milk
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the sausage. If desired, drain fat.
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook until tender, set aside in a separate bowl.
- In the same skillet, add the oil and hash browns over medium-high heat and cook until golden brown on 1 side. Once golden brown add eggs, add the sausage and mushroom mixture. Scramble together until desired consistency and top with cheese.
- Cover with a lid until cheese melts and serve.
Great mix of flavors, made this for breakfast, but next time will make it for our "breakfast for dinner" night since it is filling. Made minus the mushrooms since no one else eats them besides me. Also want to try with bacon rather than sausage since DSs prefer (DH and I liked the sausage though). Made for My 3 Chefs.