Recipe by Chef Deb in sutherlin, oregon
I love making this when there is a large family gathering. Instead of many pots & pans it only takes 2. Possibly 3 if you want to smother it in peppered cream gravy! You can make this in a large skillet but I prefer a griddle, easier to turn when it's time. As far as meats or vegetables go its made with what you like & the amount is up to you! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 10 boiled grated potatoes
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cooked meat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onions or 1⁄2 cup bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup mushroom, etc.combine
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (it's what you like) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, etc. (it's what you like)
- 2 cups of peppered country cream gravy (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- oil griddle & get hot,.
- put enough hash browns down to cover griddle. As hash browns are getting golden crisp I then place on top of browns my cooked meat & vegetables then my beaten eggs, place a lid over it until egg is set.
- cut into serving size squares and flip, place lid back on & cook until egg is cooked all the way through.
- Top with cheese until melted. We enjoy this served up with peppered cream gravy.
- variation= with vegetables add green chili's & when done serve it with your favorite salsa.