Recipe by staceyelee
FRom my Nanny's collection. She made this in coffee cans. It was one of my favorite things she made.
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups boliing water
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the raisins, butter, soda and boiling water. Store in the refrigerator overnight. The next day :.
- Combine the rest of the items until well blended with the raisin mixture.
- Pour into 3 well greased and floured 1 pound pans- she used coffee cans- filling pans/cans half full.
- Preheat oven to 350- bake 1 hour and 10 minutes at 350.
- Freezes well- Will dry out if overbaked- some ovens may take less time.