Recipe by Michelle Berteig
This is another delicious recipe from our sweet neighbor lady Grace. She says it freezes well. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Put raisins in a bowl, sprinkle with baking soda and pour boiling water over. Mix well and set aside to cool.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add flour and nuts and mix well. Add egg and raisins and mix well.
- Pour into 2 1 pound clean empty coffee cans that have been sprayed well with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour. When done, cool for 15 minutes on rack and then remove from cans to cool.