Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a BIG hit with the kids. They like it served over crunched up Doritos, kind of like a frito chili pie. Warm up the left overs the next day and they are even better!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Manwich sloppy joe mix
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 lb bacon
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 cup ketchup
- 1⁄8 cup barbecue sauce
- Empty cans of beans into a large crock pot. Do not drain juice. Add Manwich, brown sugar, ketchup, and barbecue sauce. Stir together.
- In a large skillet brown hamburger and sausage. Add onion and peppers long enough to soften.
- Fry bacon separately and crumble into small pieces.
- Mix meats and vegetables into bean mixture and allow to cook in slow cooker for approximately 2 hours on high. To speed up the cooking process cook on medium heat, on stove top, for about 30 minutes, instead of using the slow cooker.