Recipe by Gingerbear
I have made this serveral times and it is great. This dish is wonderful for a potluck or bbq.
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
MMMMMM!!! What a delicious dish. My mom used to make this all the time, and I forgot about it until I ran into it doing one of my searches and thought it sounded good! Instead of green beans I used kidney beans and I cooked it in the crock...turned out beautifully. Thanks!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can lima beans, drained
- 1 can green beans, drained
- 1 can pork and beans
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard (I always add more mustard because I love mustard)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook together ground beef and onion until done.
- Drain off any grease from ground beef and onion mixture (I always use a colander for this and sometimes I even rinse my ground beef with hot water to make it more lean and to take the grease off better.) After meat mixture is drained add all ingredients to large pan or crockpot and mix well.
- Simmer 45 minutes on stove or cook for 4 hours in crockpot.