Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me by a very good friend
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp
- 2 (10 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (10 ounce) cans pork & beans
- 2 (10 ounce) cans butter beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Brown beef and saute onions in a skillet.
- Mix all ingredients in a greased casserole dish (or crockpot, if desired).
- Bake 350F 45 mins.
- (or 3-4 hours on high in Crockpot).
My husband loves Hobo Beans! Our recipes are so similar I decided to just mention the slight differences instead of posting another. I use 1tbs. less vinegar, 1 cup less onions, & 1/2 cup less ketchup. Then I add a 1/2 cup more of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of molasses, & 2 cans of pinto beans. Thanks for posting! =)
Made this for a potluck attended by 18 people. Positive comments. Easy to prepare for a group. Could not find 10 oz. beans so I drained some of the liquid from the larger cans that I used.