1/5 Photos of Hobo Bacon Burger Dinners #RSC
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Each hobo dinner pouch contains a seasoned bacon burger, potatoes, carrots, red onion, bell peppers, and zucchini--all wrapped up in a sheet of Reynolds Wrap foil and oven-roasted until golden brown. Throughout this recipe, the foil is key to getting the right texture and flavor. With these flavorful ingredients and cooking method, your hobos will be eating good!
My Private Note
foil po ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tear off and set aside 6 12-inch square pieces of Reynold's Wrap foil to serve as your hobo dinner pouches. Also line a large baking dish or tray with a sheet of foil for easy clean up of any drips.
- 2Chop vegetables into bite-size pieces and lightly cover with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 3Mince garlic. Cover with salt and smash with blade of knife until forms a garlic-salt paste.
- 4Mix into ground beef: garlic salt paste, pepper, olive oil, and yellow mustard. Stir until mixed well.
- 5Form meat into 6 portions 1/4 lb. each and smash into thick burger patties on the foil sheets. Wrap a piece of bacon around each one.
- 6Place vegetables with bacon burgers and fold the foil corners up to enclose the food in foil pouches.
- 7Place foil pouches on foil lined baking pan and bake in oven @ 400 degrees for 30 minutes. You'll next drain out excess liquid from the vegetables then return to cook uncovered for another 15 minutes. This will allow vegetables to brown and onions to caramelize.
- 8Drain water from vegetables by opening one side of each foil pouch, form it into the shape of a spout, and pour out the excess liquid by tilting them over a sink. The foil works great for this step because the tips of the foil at the top of the pouches cool off in seconds and you can hold onto them to drain out the liquid.
- 9Open the pouches so food is uncovered and return to oven to continue cooking for 15 minutes. If you would like vegetables more browned and bacon crisper, also broil them on high 6 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 10These hobo bacon burger dinners are great for eating on the go. The dinners can be stored in the fridge right in the same foil packs they cook in and can be easily transported for picnics and other events. They are also versatile with cooking; prepare the foil packs for cooking ahead of time and then throw them on a grill at a barbeque cookout or tailgate party.
- 11Your hobos will be eating good!
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hobo Bacon Burger Dinners #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (642 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.1
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 82.5 mg
- Sodium 1005.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 30.7 g