Recipe by mommysavers
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. My hobo adobo dinner takes the typical hobo dinner and dials up the flavor. The traditional adobo marinade with ground beef gives it a smoky, southwest taste. Red peppers and green onions add a little kick to the potatoes. Monterrey Jack cheese is the fun surprise in the middle! Busy moms can make these foil dinners one night, and serve them the next. The neat little foil packets will keep for a few days in your refrigerator until it's time to bake them. The longer the meat can season through, the more flavorful it becomes.
Ground Beef in Adobo Sauce
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml apple cider vinegar
- 680.38 g lean ground beef, thawed
Hobo Dinner Potatoes
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 113.39 g monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Ground Beef in Adobo Sauce:.
- Mix the first seven ingredients well in a medium-sized bowl. Soak the ground beef in the adobo sauce for 1-2 hours. After soaking, strain excess moisture off using a colander (it's fine to have a little excess moisture, as it will steam your potatoes. Too much, and your meat patties will fall apart).
- For the Hobo Dinner Potatoes:.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Toss with potatoes, red peppers and onions.
- To Assemble:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. To assemble the meat patties, divide ground beef in adobo sauce into 8 balls. Press into patties. Place 1 oz. Monterrey Jack cheese (cut in squares) on each patty, as pictured below. Place another patty on top, and press together to seal. To assemble your hobo dinners, tear off a large piece of aluminum foil. Place one adobo patty on the bottom, and spoon potato mixture on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Seal well. Bake for 1 -1 1/4 hours or until potatoes are tender.