- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- On plate, combine flour, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cut meat into bite-size cubes, then roll in flour mixture to coat. Reserve flour mixture. Heat vegetable oil in saucepan set on stove top over medium-low heat.
- Add meat and brown, stirring occasionally with mixing spoon, then sprinkle in remaining flour mixture.
- Add onion; cook until limp.
- Add water, garlic powder, thyme and coriander; bring to boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about an hour.
- After the hour is up, add the potatoes, carrots and additional water as needed.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- dd peas and continue to cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in evaporated milk. Heat through, but do not boil.
- To serve, pour into hollowed-out pumpkin shell which has been decorated to look like a spooky jack-o'-lantern by using a black marker pen.