Recipe by Pat - cook
This recipe came from my aunt, who was a wonderful cook. We eat it both with and without the spinach or ham.
- 1 large onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded hash browns
- 1 (9 ounce) bag fresh spinach (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup diced cooked ham (optional)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I use cheddar)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy skillet, fry onion and hash browns in oil until lightly browned.
- Add spinach.
- Cover and cook until wilted.
- While the spinach is cooking down, stir eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Pour eggs on top of spinach.
- Salt& pepper to taste.
- Cook over low heat until eggs are set.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese.
- Cover and let set until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve.