Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this on Dishbase.com. Yumm!
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crouton
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 some 1/2 lemon, juice of
- Saute onions, scallions, peppers, and mushrooms in vegetable oil.
- Mix with rice, ½ c Parmesan cheese, croutons, and lemon juice. Spread mixture in 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Mix eggs, milk and seasonings and pour over vegetables.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minute Top with ½ lb grated cheddar cheese and 3 tblsp grated Parmesan cheese.
This is an excellent recipe for the main meal or as a side dish. I followed the recipe and it was so delicious that I ate half of it that evening. The only thing that I added 1 pound of cooked bacon and it was an excellent addition. After I get all the Thanksgiving leftovers consumed, I plan to make it again. Thanks for the recipe.