Recipe by Tea Jenny
Hob nobs are a crispy biscuits here in Scotland. I think you would call them cookies in the USA you can't just eat one you alway's want an other so try them at your peril. This is not my recipe a friend gave it to me as I was making biscuits for a charity event. Honey can be used rather than Golden syrup.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
These cookies were quite tasty without being too sweet. I think the addition of the honey adds a natural sweetener that doesn't make it too rich like some sugar-rich cookies can be. These, on the other hand, were quite nice. Thanks, Tea Jenny. Made for Zaar World Tour #6.
- 225 g self rising flour
- 225 g white sugar
- 225 g quick-cooking rolled oats
- 225 g butter
- 1 tablespoon syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on oven to 180c.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt butter syrup and water very gently don't let it get to hot.
- Pour onto the dry ingredients.
- Mix well and form into balls about 25g each.
- Place on a cookie sheet covered with non stick baking paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Leave for a minute on the cookie sheet then cool on a wire rack.