Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband and his buddies love these.
- 2 italian sandwich buns
- 236.59 ml finely chopped lettuce
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slice hard salami
- 4 slice genoa salami
- 6 slice capicola or 6 slice other cooked smoked ham (thin)
- 4 slice provolone cheese
- 6 slice tomatoes, thin
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 2 hot cherry peppers, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- On bottom half of sandwich rolls, layer the lettuce, onion, salami, capicola, cheese, and tomato.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, cherry peppers, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the sandwich filling.
- Cover with the top half of the sandwich roll.
My husband made these for dinner the other night so I am writing the review for him. He made the dressing the night before. I think that made the pepper flavor stronger and we thought that was very good. Our deli didn't have capicola so he substituted smoked ham. This makes a thick, hearty sandwich. I could only eat half of mine and I was stuffed. That was OK because I ate the rest of it the next day. Thank-you Nurse Di. Really enjoyed this one.
Mmmmm-mmmmm, good! A few small changes. We like out lettuce not chopped for sandwiches, and subbed Serrano ham as our market does'nt carry capicola, and made on an Italian bread loaf. Sliced for 4 servings. And as Jillian mentioned, made for a belly stuffing meal. Thnx for posting, ratherbeswimmin'.
Great combination. I cooked my onion abit before building the sandwich. Broiled the cheese for a couple minutes & then added the lettuce & tomatoe to finish. Very tasty, thanks for sharing.