Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My husband and his buddies love these.
Top Review by Jillian L
My husband made these for dinner the other night so I am writing the review for him. He made the dressing the night before. I think that made the pepper flavor stronger and we thought that was very good. Our deli didn't have capicola so he substituted smoked ham. This makes a thick, hearty sandwich. I could only eat half of mine and I was stuffed. That was OK because I ate the rest of it the next day. Thank-you Nurse Di. Really enjoyed this one.
- 2 italian sandwich buns
- 1 cup finely chopped lettuce
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices hard salami
- 4 slices genoa salami
- 6 slices capicola or 6 slices other cooked smoked ham (thin)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 6 slices tomatoes, thin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 hot cherry peppers, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- On bottom half of sandwich rolls, layer the lettuce, onion, salami, capicola, cheese, and tomato.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, cherry peppers, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the sandwich filling.
- Cover with the top half of the sandwich roll.