Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is really good, tastes like a good Philadelphia hoagie and is a wonderful appetizer. Everytime I serve this spread everyone wants a copy of the recipe.
- 1⁄4 lb ham, i use cappicola
- 1⁄4 lb salami, i use genoa
- 1⁄4 lb pepperoni
- 1⁄4 lb American cheese
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Chop ham, salami, pepperoni, american cheese, provolone cheese and place in a large bowl.
- Chop tomatoes and onions and add to meat/cheese mixture.
- Add shredded lettuce and toss well.
- In a separate bowl mix italian dressing and mayonnaise.
- Add to meat/cheese/tomato/lettuce mixture and toss until blended.
- Serve with French or Italian bread.
This is good, I've had it before. I'd just caution to eat it soon after making because the lettuce can make it watery if it sits too long.
I was looking for a recipe for an actual "spread", made from hot cherry peppers, which this definitely was not. This is a sandwich recipe (a salad sandwich recipe) and the only spread it in is mayonnaise mixed with italian dressing. Sorry that I have to give this a low rating, but the title is very misleading. The sandwich itself was okay, but I'll continue searching for a hoagie spread recipe.