These are so good!! We use them a lot for pulled meat sandwiches and such. Enjoy!
Make and share this Hoagie Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup warm water add 1 T. sugar and then let stand about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining water and sugar. Beat in oil, salt and 4 cups flour until smooth. Stir in enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board. Knead until smooth and elastic for about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl turning once to grease the top.
- Cover and let rise 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured board, divide into 18 pieces.
- Shape into an oval.
- Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheets.
- With scissors cut a 1/4-inch slash across the top of each.
- Cover and let rise 20 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 13-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.