Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom gave me this recipe. Quick, easy, yummy, and the most important virtue of all in a recipe: versatile.
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 8 ounces roast beef, sliced thin
- 1 small tomatoes
- 2 ounces romaine lettuce
- Slice bread in half lengthwise and spread one side with mayo, the other side with mustard.
- Sprinkle cheddar on mayo side and mozz on mustard side.
- Spread meat on bread.
- Bake at 300° until cheese is melted.
- Add tomato and lettuce right before serving. Also good with avocado.
This was so good! I will most certainly be making this hoagie again! Very nice instructions too! Love the way you mentioned how to spread the mayo and cheddar cheese on one side and the mustard mozzarella with the other side on the bread. Only thing I didn't do was melt the cheese cause we like it cold. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Its a keeper.