Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very good cake with the flavors of rum and pecans and it's oh so simple.
- 517.37 g package yellow cake mix
- 99.22 g package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 118.29 ml light rum
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g package chocolate frosting
- 28.39 ml light rum
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour one 10 inch tube or Bundt pan.
- Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, rum and oil. Mix until smooth and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 25 minutes in pan before removing; remove and allow to cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting by blending together the frosting and rum. Ice the cake and sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans over the top. Seal in airtight container.
Yummy! Hubby just finished the last piece today. I love the addition of rum to the icing.
so delicious, I used only 1/3 cup rum and flavor still shined through in the cake, I'm going to give this a try using Devils Food chocolate cake mix and chocolate pudding next time, what a great cake, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten :)
Delicious flavor - great for gatherings and easy to make! It does make a nice tall bundt cake - mine just doesn't look it because it used a decorative bundt cake pan and I can never get the whoel thing out intact - just me! So I cut the bottom (top) decorative part off to make a flat bottom - and only put nuts on half as not all my family can eat them or likes them. Very yummy recipe - thanks for posting Annacia!!