- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark chocolate icing
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake as directed on package for two round pans.
- When cool, "slice" through cakes to make 4 "thin" cakes.
- Beat sugar, shortening, vanilla, milk, salt and water for 7 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar and beat for 5 minutes longer.
- Lay one layer of cake on plate.
- Spread Cream filling on top only, do not go all the way to the edge.
- Lay another layer of cake on this.
- Spread cream filling on this too.
- Again layer and filling until you have all four layers on here.
- Ice the whole cake with the chocolate icing.