1/14 Photos of Ho Ho Cake
This is like a giant Hostess Ho Ho. The creme filling is the key here I think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark chocolate icing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1Prepare cake as directed on package for two round pans.
- 2When cool, "slice" through cakes to make 4 "thin" cakes.
- 3Beat sugar, shortening, vanilla, milk, salt and water for 7 minutes.
- 4Add powdered sugar and beat for 5 minutes longer.
- 5Lay one layer of cake on plate.
- 6Spread Cream filling on top only, do not go all the way to the edge.
- 7Lay another layer of cake on this.
- 8Spread cream filling on this too.
- 9Again layer and filling until you have all four layers on here.
- 10Ice the whole cake with the chocolate icing.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ho Ho Cake
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.4
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.4 mg
- Sodium 426.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 34.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dark chocolate icing