That is Dr House to you's Note:
This Japanese Chilled Tofu Appetizer is not for beginning tofu Western tastes. It's fast. It is easy and it is very very Eastern tastebuds or experienced tofu users who will tell you tofu has a taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces japanese soft tofu
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seed
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, grated
- 1 red radishes, thinly sliced (1-inch bunch) or 1 bunch daikon sprouts (1-inch bunch)
- 2 tablespoons nori fresh seaweed, julienned
- tamari soy sauce
- 1Cut the tofu into 4 portions, drain,and chill.
- 2Place tofu in small bowl.
- 3Sprinkle seeds over tofu. 1/4 tsp per bowl.
- 4Place scallions in small mound on tofu. 1/2 tbsp each.
- 5Do the same with the ginger.
- 6Lay the sliced radishes/sprouts on the top.
- 7Garnish with the Nori.
- 8Serve Immediately with tamari.
- 9IF you have not used tofu before or are just starting do not blame me if you spit this across the room and go Yuck. This is for advanced tofu palates. That being said it is very nice for advanced palates.
- 10NOTE: mix the carrot with daikon or cucumber.
- 11Sauces: mirin shoyu, Chinese oyster sauce [use vegetarina version posted on zaar], basic chinese or Japanese sauces, Miso toppings, nut or seed toppings.
Nutritional Facts for Hiya Yakko
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.1
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g