Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a tiny gift for my Chef Mommie. Can anything be easier than a recipe w/1 ingredient + water? I don't think so! I'm not the least bit ashamed to post this impossibly easy & yummy recipe. Don't discount this little taste sensation that can be used in so many ways to enhance other foods & recipes. You're gonna love this & the serving options detailed below the prep! Enjoy!
- 473.18 ml red cinnamon candies
- 118.29 ml water
- Put water & cinnamon candies in a small saucepan over med heat.
- When the candies begin to melt, reduce heat & simmer till candies are fully melted & a has sauce formed.
- Stir constantly & add water (or more candies) as desired, but don't get the sauce too thin.
- NOTE: You can add 2 tbsp of real honey or a good maple syrup for a more syrup sauce -- or you can make a buttery version & melt the candies in butter over very low heat.
- SERVING OPTIONS: Add sweet cinnamon flavor to your hot tea, coffee, apple juice, oatmeal, rice pudding, yoghurt or favorite smoothie & butter cream icing -- Use pastry brush to add sauce to breads, cinnamon toast or French toast -- Drizzle over vanilla ice cream! -- Make a kid pleaser cheese ball or spread for graham crackers using cream cheese & crushed Nestles Crunch candy bars -- Mix w/cream cheese & drained crushed pineapple to put on a biscuit, bagel, English muffin or breakfast/dessert tortilla wrap & pinwheels -- Use as glaze for cakes -- Mix w/melted butter & add to your favorite apple crisp, pie or 1 of those prepare the nite before & bake French toast dishes -- Give as a food gift -- Take along on your next camping trip -- See what I mean? The options are endless! Somebody stop me! I'm outta control here!
OK twissis I HAVE to ask - what does "hityl?" stand for??? Made this for one of my DGSs who LOVES cinnimon to go over his ice cream and he loved it. My only problem (and it was MY problem) was I didn't know if you meant to use red hot cinnamon candies or the hard cinnamon candies. I decided to use the hard round ones by smashing them first and then following the recipe and I think that may have been a mistake as mine came out thinner and a not as pretty and red as the picture - but it still tasted great and DGS reall;y enjoyed. Next time though I think I'll try the red hots. Served over vanilla ice cream but intriqued by another reviewer who mentioned "apple dumplings"!! Yummy thought.
This is the best sauce over warm apple dumplings!
This is absolutely amazing over vanilla ice cream. I love cinnamon hearts, so this was a real treat!!