Prep 4 mins
Cook 6 mins
Delicious energy-boosting bar recipe originally found in the June 2007 Home Cooking magazine with some of my own modifications. Easy recipe made entirely in the microwave.
- Spray an 8x8-inch glass dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, cranberries, peanuts and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- Pour melted butter over the dry ingredients, stirring to coat evenly.
- Warm the honey in the microwave for 5 seconds to thin it out a little. Pour honey over all ingredients, stirring well to incorporate.
- Pat mixture into prepared pan and microwave for 6 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- These keep for a week without refrigeration.
- Makes 9 bars.