Chef #583577's Note:
Delicious energy-boosting bar recipe originally found in the June 2007 Home Cooking magazine with some of my own modifications. Easy recipe made entirely in the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray an 8x8-inch glass dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Combine oats, brown sugar, cranberries, peanuts and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- 3Pour melted butter over the dry ingredients, stirring to coat evenly.
- 4Warm the honey in the microwave for 5 seconds to thin it out a little. Pour honey over all ingredients, stirring well to incorporate.
- 5Pat mixture into prepared pan and microwave for 6 minutes.
- 6Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- 7These keep for a week without refrigeration.
- 8Makes 9 bars.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hit the Trail Bars
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.1
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 109.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g