I called this "History Project Chicken Nuggets" because our 7th grader had needed shredded wheat for her project. She had used the shredded wheat for the roof of the project. On the back of the Kroger Brand Bite Size Shredded Wheat cereal box was this recipe. It looked good, easy, and something my family would really enjoy. There were no leftovers...Need I say more! Thank you, Kroger, for this family-friendly recipe!!!! YUM!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups bite size shredded wheat cereal, crushed to 1 cup
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise (I actually used regular Miracle Whip because that's what I had on hand)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4 x 2 inch strips
- 1Preheat oven to 400 F.
- 2Combine crushed cereal, Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, paprika, and garlic powder.
- 3Mix together the mayonnaise, honey, and mustard.
- 4Stir chicken strips into mayo mixture; Roll in cereal mixture to coat evenly.
- 5Place on rack in shallow baking pan.
- 6(I used a broiler rack on a pan, sprayed with cooking spray).
- 7Bake 12-15 minutes or until strips are no longer pink in center.
- 8Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauces.
- 9My family likes bbq sauce, mixed with extra ketchup!
- 10NOTE: I did end up making a little more of the mayonnaise mixture and, I had a lot of cereal mixture leftover, so don't be surprised if you do too; depending on how much chicken you end up doing--.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for History Project Chicken Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 293.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shredded wheat cereal