Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Updated : so I updated the proportions.. This is the original recipe: This is a very easy and tasty way to make rice that would last you for days. This used to be the only "real dinner" I knew how to cook for a long time. I learned if from my dad so that's just proof that it's easy to make. Hope you enjoy it =)
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 (10 1/16 ounce) cans condensed chicken noodle soup (or one can if it is a larger can of chicken noodle soup)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown the ground beef by cooking in a large skillet on low heat until there are no red meat visible.
- Add salt and pepper to the cooked ground beef and stir.
- Put all the ingredients in a pot to be put in the oven and mix them together. no need to add water to the rice to cook.
- Bake in oven on 350°F for 1 hour.
What a clever usage of chicken noodle soup! This turned out pretty good, but I really think the amount of pepper is WAY too much. Could it possibly mean to say 1 teaspoon??? It was easy to make. I would omit salt and use low salt soup next time.
This was the worst meal I've made in ages - just horrible! Firstly, you don't mention if they're condensed soups or not. Secondly, there are no 8oz cans in America (only 10.5oz). Thirdly, you don't mention if we should add water to cook the rice. With all the problems, it came out inedible.