Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
or Pizza with Chicken, Cranberry, Jalapeno, and Apple. Great for the Fall with hard or mulled cider! So titled because my brother created the cranberry jalapeno sauce, and I created this pizza. We're the black sheep of the family. You won't believe me, but this is a great flavor combination. It was popular with everyone, including my 3 yr. old and 1 1/2 yr old. To make all of it at once might have been a little more time-consuming than I would normally tolerate. But the sauce keeps very well in a ziploc in the freezer, and you can break off bits to use when you need it. (The prep time I gave assumes you have already made the sauce ahead.)
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 4 tablespoons cranberry jalapeno relish
- 1 lb chicken thigh, skinned, trimmed, chopped, and browned
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (or more depending on preference)
- 20 -50 canned jalapeno slices (mild or hot)
- 1 jonagold apple, peeled, cored, diced
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough according to directions or recipe. I like this one thin.
- Spread cranberry jalapeno relish over the crust.
- Distribute the chicken bits evenly.
- Cover with cheese.
- Place jalapeno slices on top (we left some space without the peppers for the kids).
- Sprinkle apple bits all over.
- Cook until crust is golden brown and toppings have just started to scorch at the tips.
- Let rest for about 15 minutes, and serve.