Recipe by littlemafia
It's okonomiyaki done Hiroshima style.The same ingredients, the difference being the way its cooked. While in Osaka everything is mixed together, in Hiroshima they make a batter out of flour and water ,than they add the rest while is cooking. Make it without the pork for a vegetarian version.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 3 -4 pieces thinly sliced pork or 3 -4 pieces bacon
- yakisoba noodles
- yakisoba sauce or salt
- okonomiyaki sauce
- chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and water to make okonomiyaki batter.
- Spread a scoop of the batter into a thin round over the pan.
- Place the cabbage and bean sprouts on top of the batter.
- Place the noodles on top of the veggies.
- Place the pork slices on top of the noodles.
- Pour some okonomiyaki batter over the ingredients.
- Flip the okonomiyaki over with spatulas.
- Cook it on low heat until meats and vegetables are cooked.
- Fry an egg on the side an break the egg yolk .
- Place the okonomiyaki on top of the fried egg and again press on the top firmly.
- Serve the okonomiyaki on a plate with the egg side up.
- Add seasoning and topping and serve while hot.