Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's okonomiyaki done Hiroshima style.The same ingredients, the difference being the way its cooked. While in Osaka everything is mixed together, in Hiroshima they make a batter out of flour and water ,than they add the rest while is cooking. Make it without the pork for a vegetarian version.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 3 -4 pieces thinly sliced pork or 3 -4 pieces bacon
- yakisoba noodles
- yakisoba sauce or salt
- okonomiyaki sauce
- chopped green onion
- Mix flour and water to make okonomiyaki batter.
- Spread a scoop of the batter into a thin round over the pan.
- Place the cabbage and bean sprouts on top of the batter.
- Place the noodles on top of the veggies.
- Place the pork slices on top of the noodles.
- Pour some okonomiyaki batter over the ingredients.
- Flip the okonomiyaki over with spatulas.
- Cook it on low heat until meats and vegetables are cooked.
- Fry an egg on the side an break the egg yolk .
- Place the okonomiyaki on top of the fried egg and again press on the top firmly.
- Serve the okonomiyaki on a plate with the egg side up.
- Add seasoning and topping and serve while hot.