Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great salad anytime. Please feel free to play with the veggies. Much of it can be made ahead, and then assembled when you are ready to serve. For even more crunch, crumble a couple of packs of uncooked ramen noodles into the salad before serving.
- 158.51 ml toasted slivered almonds
- 158.51 ml roasted sunflower seeds
- 1892.72 ml coarsely shredded napa cabbage
- 453.59 g snow peas, strings removed, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 354.88 ml thinly julienned carrots
- 354.88 ml peeled seeded and chopped cucumbers
- 354.88 ml frozen baby green peas
- 354.88 ml thinly sliced and julienned radishes
- 177.44 ml thinly sliced green onion (including greens)
- 354.88 ml lightly packed chopped fresh basil
- 88.74-177.48 ml rice vinegar, Start at 6 and adjust upwards, adjust for your taste (seasoned or unseasoned)
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 59.16 ml soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 88.74-147.89 ml oil, this is very much to your taste. I use more of a lighter oil to help balance the flavors (I like grape seed oil)
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 1.23-2.46 ml cayenne powder
- salt, to taste
- 314.66 ml mayonnaise
- Spread almond slivers and sunflower seeds out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in a 350°F oven for 5-10 minutes, until nicely browned. Set aside. Can be made a day ahead and stored in an airtight container.
- Combine vegetables and basil in a large bowl. You can make this step a day ahead.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, oil, ginger, and cayenne until sugar has dissolved. Whisk in the mayonnaise. This step can also be made a day ahead.
- When ready to serve, gently combine the dressing,almonds and sunflower seeds with the veggie mixture.