1/3 Photos of Hipquest's Rice Pilaf
A very versatile, easy dish to prepare. I usually double the recipe and freeze the leftovers. This is also very good when you add a couple of minced garlic cloves to the onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice, I've used white, basmati, jasmine and brown rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds, I've also used cashews, macadamia nuts and pistachios
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1Melt butter, add onions and saute until soft.
- 2Add rice and stir to coat.
- 3Add stock and sea salt.
- 4Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes (depending on the type of rice used) until tender and all liquid is absorbed.
- 5Stir in almonds and parsley.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hipquest's Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.5
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 314.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g