1/3 Photos of Hippocras (Non-Alcoholic)
Anissa Wolf's Note:
Hippocras is a medieval spiced drink traditionally made with wine, but the Society for Creative Anachronism feast we attended served this non-alcoholic version of it. I imagine would be as delicious hot as it was cold! A yummy and unique alternative to iced tea or mulled cider.
My Private Note
cups sy ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in a two quart saucepan.
- 2Bring mixture to a boil.
- 3Simmer mixture until it is reduced by half.
- 4Strain mixture through fine sieve or cheesecloth to remove spice pieces. (Alternately, you might put all the spices into a cheesecloth or muslin spice bag at the start.).
- 5Mix the resultant syrup with water, to taste.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hippocras (Non-Alcoholic)
Serving Size: 1 (1333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.8
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 196.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 186.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: