Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is incredibly simple, quite nutritious, and amazingly tasty for a four-ingredient wrap. It has the following prosaic origin: It's hot out. No oven should be turned on. And my refrigerator is broken. Hummus needs to be used. Fresh greens and tomatoes must go. And I am hungry. Voila!
- 2 low-fat flour tortillas or 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 7 -8 tablespoons hummus
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 4 -6 leaves romaine lettuce
- lemon pepper (optional)
- Spread hummus thickly on tortillas.
- Chop tomato into chunks, place on the hummus.
- Chop cumumber into small chunks or slices, place on hummus.
- Shred the romaine, put on the top layer.
- Add more hummus if deisred.
- Dash lemon pepper over all if desired.
- Roll up and nosh,.
Ah yes, a summer favorite of mine. This reminds me of a cute little dready girl dragging a cooler on wheels aound a festival shouting, "vegi-hummus wraps!", and makin' 'em on the spot w/ all the fixin's for $3. I'll take mine with the spicy hummus, and extra mushrooms...
I'm a hummus lover so this recipe was right up my alley. It made such a delicious, light and healthy lunch for me. I had mini pita bread instead of tortillas but they worked out just wonderfully. I very thinly sliced the cucumbers, and used grape tomatoes that I cut in half. I spread lemon flavored hummus on the mini pitas, put 2 cucumber slices and 2 grape tomato halves on each, topped them with a piece of romaine and ate them open faced. Although I didn't have any lemon pepper on hand, I'm sure it would be an excellent addition. This is a recipe that I'm sure to make over and over again. Thank you!