Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this Hippie Granola Recipe
Make and share this Hippie Granola recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup peanuts or 1 cup toasted almond
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (I always use unsweetened, but you can go for the sweetened kind if you'd like)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ (I often omit this ingredient, as I tend to forget to buy it)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (dried apricots, craisins and dried apple are all delicious choices)
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil (not olive)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Mix the oat, nuts and grains in a large bowl.
- Measure oil into the measuring cup and swirl it around before pouring into bowl.
- Then measure out the honey in the same, unwashed cup. The oil will help the honey exit the cup.
- Toss everything together until evenly coated and then pour out into a baking pan. I use a large roasting pan, as it keeps everything contained. A cookie sheet with a lip also works, but you have to stir it slightly more carefully if you use that.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, turning it with a spatula every ten minutes or so. You want everything to be an even golden brown.
- When it is finished cooking, returned the baked granola to the mixing bowl, add the raisins and fruit and stir to combine. Stir gently several times as it cooks, so that it doesn't clump together too much.
We didn't care for the wheat germ in it but otherwise it was a decent granola.