Recipe by riffraff
Had this at a camp ground after a concert, hence the name. I always add hot peppers to the corn bread mix.
Top Review by Peggy Lynn
This was a wonderful dinner!I actually added the jalapeno pepper, about 1/2 cup rotel tomatoes(drained somewhat)and a 4 oz can of black olives to the meat mixture--everything else I left the same. I made this in a deep dish pan(11x9)and that worked great it rose tall and pretty in that pan, and looked as good as it tasted.It only took 45 mins for me using this pan.Enjoyed it tremendously for dinner and lunch the next day. Yum:)PeggyLynn
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) packages Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Scramble hamburger and onion in skillet and drain off fat.
- Mix corn bread mix with milk, corn and eggs.
- Put half of corn bread mixture in baking dish (9X13 in).
- Cover with meat and cheese.
- Pour rest of corn bread mixture over that.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until brown.