- 4 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the bread in an 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, orange juice, orange peel and vanilla.
- Pour over bread; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet, cook French toast in butter over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with syrup if desired.