Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this sidedish for a German club Thanksgiving party and everyone loved it! To make it really easy, use precooked bacon. You can also cook 3-4 cubed Granny Smith apples with the potatoes for a slightly tart taste. Serve it warm.
- 4 medium potatoes (1 in cubes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 slices bacon (1 in pieces)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- Heat 1 in salted water to boiling.
- Add potatoes, and sugar; let boil and then reduce heat.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 10-15 min.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Cook and stir onion in bacon fat until tender.
- Put potatoes in serving bowl.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Top with onion and bacon.
Where is the heaven ????? Heaven are the apples and earth are the Potatoes..... So where are the apples ????