Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This is a recipe that has its beginnings in Pune, India......but fell into a San Diego, Ca. kitchen! Himanshu is a vegetarian who hates vegetables! Boy, do I have to create to please him!
Top Review by No Wheat For Me
I just came across this recipe while looking for something saladish to go with my "tandoori chicken" (quotes because mine is very inauthentic). My out of the fridge modifications included using a black pepper/lime chutney and what ever veggies I had in the crisper. It was excellent and I will make it often. Thanks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plain yogurt (can use mayonnaise but different flavor)
- 1 large lime, juice of
- 1 large lime, zest of
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney (jarred)
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry paste (medium heat)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 lb small red potato, halved
- 4 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled and quartered*
- 1 small cauliflower, stems removed
- 4 -5 ounces fresh green beans, tipped and halved
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thin sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in 1/8th
- 15 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the first seven ingredients together and set aside.
- Bring pot of cold salted water containing potatoes to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and beans to pot and cook another 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain again.
- Place in large bowl. Add eggs, onions, tomatoes, and chickpeas.
- Toss with dressing just prior to serving.
- * I serve Hima first, then add the eggs to salad.