Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that has its beginnings in Pune, India......but fell into a San Diego, Ca. kitchen! Himanshu is a vegetarian who hates vegetables! Boy, do I have to create to please him!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plain yogurt (can use mayonnaise but different flavor)
- 1 large lime, juice of
- 1 large lime, zest of
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney (jarred)
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry paste (medium heat)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 lb small red potato, halved
- 4 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled and quartered*
- 1 small cauliflower, stems removed
- 4 -5 ounces fresh green beans, tipped and halved
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thin sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in 1/8th
- 15 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Whisk the first seven ingredients together and set aside.
- Bring pot of cold salted water containing potatoes to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and beans to pot and cook another 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain again.
- Place in large bowl. Add eggs, onions, tomatoes, and chickpeas.
- Toss with dressing just prior to serving.
- * I serve Hima first, then add the eggs to salad.
I just came across this recipe while looking for something saladish to go with my "tandoori chicken" (quotes because mine is very inauthentic). My out of the fridge modifications included using a black pepper/lime chutney and what ever veggies I had in the crisper. It was excellent and I will make it often. Thanks
Hey ur recipe looks good! Will Definitely try it sometime! My husband's name is Himanshu ,we were in Pune till last year,setteled in PA these days! :) He likes all vegetables but he always wants something new to eat! I think I have one more thing added to my cookbook! Thanku very much!