Happy Harry #2's Note:
This is a recipe that has its beginnings in Pune, India......but fell into a San Diego, Ca. kitchen! Himanshu is a vegetarian who hates vegetables! Boy, do I have to create to please him!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain yogurt (can use mayonnaise but different flavor)
- 1 large lime, juice of
- 1 large lime, zest of
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney (jarred)
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry paste (medium heat)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 lb small red potato, halved
- 4 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled and quartered*
- 1 small cauliflower, stems removed
- 4 -5 ounces fresh green beans, tipped and halved
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thin sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in 1/8th
- 15 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1Whisk the first seven ingredients together and set aside.
- 2Bring pot of cold salted water containing potatoes to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Add cauliflower and beans to pot and cook another 5 minutes or until tender.
- 4Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain again.
- 5Place in large bowl. Add eggs, onions, tomatoes, and chickpeas.
- 6Toss with dressing just prior to serving.
- 7* I serve Hima first, then add the eggs to salad.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Himanshu's Indian Salad
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.5
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 212.2 mg
- Sodium 442.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of