Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe comes from the Hilltop Country Inn and was printed in an old issue of Texas Highways (October 1988). --NOTE-- The cooking time is really the "chilling time" for this recipe.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces butter or 8 ounces margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped sweet marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme (English or French)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Beat cheese and butter together.
- Add mashed garlic to cheese, mixing well.
- Add finely chopped herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Chill slightly and form into ball or logs.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate or freeze.
- Slice as needed, and serve with toast.