Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This recipe is from the Hiltop Steak House in Saugus, Ma. A very popular restaraunt that has been around for years.
Top Review by NewEnglandCook
A super easy to make and delish. Less healthy than fried and def more calories than baked.
I did not add salt to the milk, as the cheese and bread crumbs have salt.
I thought the 500 temp maybe too high but it was just right.
We served ours with rice and sauteed spinach with garlic.
We also know the Hilltop it was "The Place" back in the day.
Thanks for posting Maria Mac
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 4 haddock fillets
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F .
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and thyme.
- Dip the haddock fillets in the milk, then press into the crumb mixture to coat. Place haddock fillets in a glass baking dish, and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake on the top rack of the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily, about 15 minutes.